Safe Quality Food (SQF)
Today's consumers and in particular, our customers, are more educated about the food they're providing their families and requiring more information about food quality. One link in the food chain does not get rattled without it affecting the next link. Customers expect more from their retailers and food service providers, who in turn expect more from their suppliers. This is why James Candy Company decided to implement the Safe Quality Food (SQF) Program.
- SQF is recognized by retailers and foodservice providers around the world who require a rigorous, credible food safety management system.
- Using the SQF certification program will help reduce assessment inconsistencies and costs of multiple assessment standards.
- The SQF Program is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and links primary production certification to food manufacturing, distribution and agent/broker management certification.
- Administered by the Food Marketing Institute (FMI), SQF benefits from continual retailer feedback about consumer concerns. These benefits are passed on to SQF certified suppliers, keeping them a step ahead of their competitors.
- SQF is the only scheme to integrate a quality component as well as food safety.
The Safe Quality Food Institute Mission: To deliver consistent, globally recognized food safety and quality certification programs based on sound scientific principles, consistently applied across all industry sectors, and valued by all stakeholders.
SQF Vision: To be the single most trusted source for global food safety and quality certification.
James Candy Company has held its Safe Quality Food Certification since 2014 and undergoes an annual third-party audit to maintain this certification. We do occasionally get questions about old video footage out there in which our confectioners are not full covered when preparing food. Since our certification that practice has ceased and we adhere to the strictest of guidelines. To learn more about the Safe Quality Food program and this certification please feel free to visit http://www.sqfi.com.