ANSWERS TO COMMON QUESTIONS
Customers always have questions. Some seem to come up over and over. You'll find many of those below. And to make it easier, we've separated our questions to focus on shopping and shipping and those that pertain to our products.
Shopping & Shipping
- Is my credit card and personal information safe?
- How much does shipping cost?
JAMES CANDY COMPANY shipping rates are calculated by purchase price per ship to address • Online orders only.
The chart below breaks down how shipping rates are applied. YES – It’s True – Buy More Pay LESS!!
Purchase $ Ground 3-Day 2-Day Next Day Air $0 - $24.99 $11.95 $13.00 per item $17 per item $24 per item $25 - $39.99 $10.95 $13.00 per item $17 per item $24 per item $40 - $49.99 $9.95 $13.00 per item $17 per item $24 per item $50 and Over FREE (Online Only) $13.00 per item $17 per item $24 per item
We only ship to the 50 United States. Alaska and Hawaii require 2nd Day Air. Standard ground UPS shipping can take up to 7 business days to arrive.
Please note that some shipping methods may not be available when you have Chocolate items in your shopping cart. These items require special shipping and handling and we cannot guarantee the quality of these items unless they are shipped with Expedited shipping.
- What is the preferred method and timeframe for shipping?
- We generally ship our products via UPS and allow our customers to specify either Ground Services or 3-Day Service. If you have certain shipping requirements, please contact our Customer Service Department at email@example.com. Also, please know that we specify certain shipping methods and timeframes for certain products.
- When will I receive my order?
- Orders are processed the next business day and shipped approximately 1-2 days after processing. UPS processing and delivery only takes place from Monday through Friday. Please take this into account when selecting a shipping method.
- Can you gift wrap my order? Is there an additional charge?
- Yes, we can gift wrap your order and there is no charge for this service.
- What is your policy on sales tax?
- We are required by law to collect 7% NJ sales tax on all orders, including shipping charges, shipped within New Jersey. We do not collect tax on out-of-state orders.
- Are certain shipping methods preferred/required for certain products?
- Yes, we do follow certain rules for chocolates and macaroons in particular. Details are below. From May 1 – September 1, all chocolate and related products must be shipped overnight. We cannot guarantee chocolate orders during this time period unless they are shipped via overnight delivery. Similar principles apply to our macaroons. All macaroons shipping from Atlantic City, NJ past the Mississippi River MUST go either UPS 3-day or US Post Office.
- Do you ship internationally?
- We ship ONLY to the 50 United States. Alaska and Hawaii require UPS 2nd Day or USPS US Post Office.
- Will I be able to track my shipment?
- Tracking numbers are issued for items sent through UPS. They are not issued for products shipped through the United States Postal Service.
- Do you ship to P.O., A.P.O., and F.P.O. boxes?
- We do. These orders must be shipped via the United States Postal Service.
- What is your return policy?
- We guarantee your complete satisfaction. Please call us at 1-800-441-1404 with any questions or problems and we'll do our best to provide a solution.
- Can I create my own taffy box?
- Yes, you can. Customers have the ability to create their own unique taffy configuration.
- Are your products Kosher?
- Yes, we have many Kosher products. > Shop our Kosher section
- Do you have sugar-free products available?
- Yes, we have an entire section of sugar-free products. > Shop our Sugar-Free Candies
- Are your products vegetarian?
- Yes, all our products are vegetarian friendly; however, some may not be considered vegan as they contain milk, eggs, or other dairy products.
- Can I eat your products if I have allergies?
- Well, that depends. If you're allergic to nuts, clearly you should probably avoid them. On the whole, our production facilities share common processing equipment. All of our products may contain trace amounts of the following: peanuts, soybeans, milks, eggs, tree nuts, and/or wheat.